Images of the Winther Motor Truck Company
Winther Motor Company
Martin P. Winther formed the Winther Motor Truck Company in Kenosha in 1917, initially manufacturing a rear-wheel drive Winther truck. Soon after, the factory began producing the 4-wheel drive Winther-Martin truck, and in 1920, the first Winther passenger car. The company built light trucks for farmers and heavier models for the logging, fire fighting, and snowplowing industries. In 1926, the products were renamed Winther-Kenosha. The following year, the company was sold to H.P. Olsen who discontinued the manufacturing of trucks.