Theater posters from a Madison opera house, 1890s
Passing Through: Theater posters from the Fuller Opera House
Opened in 1890, the Fuller Opera House in Madison played host to everything from vaudeville acts to symphony orchestras. Architects from New York designed the building and each season, the facility offered a minimum of 40 one-night productions and many multi-night stands. The Fuller was eventually torn down to make room for a store.
Immigration and Settlement|
The Founding of Social Institutions
|Pub Data: ||Wisconsin Stories. Wisconsin Public Television.
|Citation: ||"Passing Through: Theater posters from the Fuller Opera House." Wisconsin Stories. Wisconsin Public Television;
Online facsimile at:
Visited on: 5/21/2013