The mission of the Wisconsin Historical Foundation is to strengthen the Wisconsin Historical Society's ability to fulfill its public mandate and mission to help people connect to the past.
The Foundation fulfills its mission by increasing awareness, engaging with audiences and fostering philanthropic relationships throughout Wisconsin and beyond, and by seeking resources and solutions that make visionary and entrepreneurial ideas possible.
In seamless partnership with the Wisconsin Historical Society, the Wisconsin Historical Foundation aspires to create the strongest community of users, visitors, members, donors, volunteers, advocates and staff, all working together to champion the Society as an indispensable and irreplaceable source for history in Wisconsin.
The staff and volunteers of the Wisconsin Historical Foundation:
- Believe passionately in the missions of the Wisconsin Historical Society and the Wisconsin Historical Foundation and dream boldly about their shared future.
- Commit to learning about and promoting the broad array of Society programs and services.
- Champion change by taking the initiative to innovate and lead.
- Earn trust and build meaningful relationships by embracing the highest standards of the fundraising and marketing professions.
- Respect each person's talents and provide an environment that promotes the highest level of performance.
- Believe that a true culture of philanthropy is achieved only when the Society and the Foundation work together strategically with our partners.
About the Wisconsin Historical Foundation
The Wisconsin Historical Foundation is a 501(c)(3) and is the official membership, fundraising and gift-receiving organization for the Wisconsin Historical Society.
The Foundation was established in September 1954 by several close friends of the Wisconsin Historical Society in the interest of ensuring that the Society could receive support for programs that the state could not fund. They recognized that institutions wholly reliant on public funding seldom achieve and maintain excellence.
Today, the Wisconsin Historical Foundation is accredited by the Better Business Bureau and recently received Charity Navigator's coveted four-star rating.