Use the smaller-sized text Use the larger-sized text Use the very large text

Wisconsin Historical Images

Map of Kilbourn City, Wisconsin



Map of Kilbourn City, Wisconsin
+ Click to enlarge

Did You Know?

Nearly all of the images in our online collections are available for purchase as archival pigment prints or digital files and many may be licensed for reproduction. For more information, see our FAQ.


Email Icon Share this image with a friend

Title: Map of Kilbourn City, Wisconsin
Description: This plat shows block and lot numbers and land reserved for a railroad and passenger depot. The map includes certifications and registration. Kilbourn City is now known as Wisconsin Dells. Kilbourn City was platted in the 1850s and received a boost when the La Crosse and Milwaukee Railroad bridged the Wisconsin River there. The name was changed to Kilbourn in 1895 and to Wisconsin Dells in 1931.

Image ID: 106601
Creation
Date:
1856 
Creator
Name:
Spear, W.M.
City, State: Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
Collection
Name:
Map Collection
Genre: Map or Atlas
Additional
Information:
This map is a photocopy.
Subjects: Cities and towns
Maps
Railroads
 

This image is issued by the Wisconsin Historical Society. Use of the image requires written permission from the staff of the Division of Library-Archives. It may not be sold or redistributed, copied or distributed as a photograph, electronic file, or any other media. The image should not be significantly altered through conventional or electronic means. Images altered beyond standard cropping and resizing require further negotiation with a staff member. The user is responsible for all issues of copyright.

Please Credit: Wisconsin Historical Society.

select text size Use the smaller-sized textUse the larger-sized textUse the very large text