The airfield of the Hamilton Aero Manufacturing Company which became the site of Milwaukee County Airport in 1926. It was established by Thomas Hamilton, a local maker of airplane propellers who expanded his business to include metal airplanes. The Hamilton field location is still part of the current, much expanded General Mitchell International Airport.
This image is issued by the Wisconsin Historical Society. Use of the image requires written permission from the staff of the Division of Library-Archives. It may not be sold or redistributed, copied or distributed as a photograph, electronic file, or any other media. The image should not be significantly altered through conventional or electronic means. Images altered beyond standard cropping and resizing require further negotiation with a staff member. The user is responsible for all issues of copyright.