Wisconsin State Capitol Interior — Gallery of the Historical Society
A two-story gallery of the Historical Society in the Wisconsin State Capitol, with captured Confederate army flags on display. This photograph was taken in the old South Wing rooms into which the Society moved in 1866. Because of its expanding collections, in 1883 the Society moved to the new South Wing addition. It is likely that decorative treatment of this room which was photographed about 1880 documents something of the appearance of the Third Capitol as originally constructed.
This image is issued by the Wisconsin Historical Society. Use of the image requires written permission from the staff of the Division of Library-Archives. It may not be sold or redistributed, copied or distributed as a photograph, electronic file, or any other media. The image should not be significantly altered through conventional or electronic means. Images altered beyond standard cropping and resizing require further negotiation with a staff member. The user is responsible for all issues of copyright.