Elevated view of the first Milwaukee railroad depot, which was used by the Milwaukee & Waukesha and the Milwaukee & Mississippi railroads. The Milwaukee & St. Paul Railway acquired the Milwaukee & Mississippi Railroad in 1868 and later diverted the passenger trains to the Union Depot on Reed Street. The presence of passenger cars to the north of the depot suggest that this picture was taken shortly prior to that move.
This image is issued by the Wisconsin Historical Society. Use of the image requires written permission from the staff of the Division of Library-Archives. It may not be sold or redistributed, copied or distributed as a photograph, electronic file, or any other media. The image should not be significantly altered through conventional or electronic means. Images altered beyond standard cropping and resizing require further negotiation with a staff member. The user is responsible for all issues of copyright.