Use the smaller-sized text Use the larger-sized text Use the very large text

Wisconsin Historical Images

The Leinenkugel Brewery

The Leinenkugel Brewery
+ Click to enlarge

Did You Know?

Nearly all of the images in our online collections are available for purchase as archival pigment prints or digital files and many may be licensed for reproduction. For more information, see our FAQ.

Email Icon Share this image with a friend

Title: The Leinenkugel Brewery
Description: Elevated winter view of the Leinenkugel Brewery seen "from top of Mill." Originally called "Spring Brewery", Jacob Leinenkugel opened his brewery in 1867 in partnership with John Miller. In 1883 Miller sold his share to Leinenkugel and the name was changed to "Leinenkugel's Spring Brewery." Jacob Leinenkugel passed away in 1898 and management was handed to his son-in-law Henry A. Casper and the brewery changed to the "Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company."

Image ID: 60968
1898 ca.
Bish, Alfred A.
City, State: Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
Bish, Alfred A. : Photographs, ca. 1889-1916
Genre: Photograph
Subjects: Trees
Brewing industry
Cities and towns
Commercial buildings
General stores
Grocery trade
Horse-drawn vehicles
Outdoor photography
Cows and Cattle
Signs and signboards
Industrial buildings

This image is issued by the Wisconsin Historical Society. Use of the image requires written permission from the staff of the Division of Library-Archives. It may not be sold or redistributed, copied or distributed as a photograph, electronic file, or any other media. The image should not be significantly altered through conventional or electronic means. Images altered beyond standard cropping and resizing require further negotiation with a staff member. The user is responsible for all issues of copyright.

Please Credit: Wisconsin Historical Society.

select text size Use the smaller-sized textUse the larger-sized textUse the very large text