This image was made some time in late 1911 or early 1912. Construction began in the spring of 1911 and by the summer of 1912 the walls around the entrance were completed. In this image these walls are not yet completed and snow on the ground indicates it is winter time.
This image is issued by the Wisconsin Historical Society. Use of the image requires written permission from the staff of the Division of Library-Archives. It may not be sold or redistributed, copied or distributed as a photograph, electronic file, or any other media. The image should not be significantly altered through conventional or electronic means. Images altered beyond standard cropping and resizing require further negotiation with a staff member. The user is responsible for all issues of copyright.