A horse-drawn enclosed carriage originally used to transport children to and from school in 1915. The carriage has several young children as passengers, who are looking out the open door and windows. There is an older man driving the carriage, which is painted yellow, with the undercarriage and wheels painted red. On the side of the carriage is painted: "Service to McKinley School" and "R. Kickert VEH. No. 1." Behind the carriage a bus driver sits in a school bus with an International Harvester Loadstar chassis.
This image is issued by the Wisconsin Historical Society. Use of the image requires written permission from the staff of the Division of Library-Archives. It may not be sold or redistributed, copied or distributed as a photograph, electronic file, or any other media. The image should not be significantly altered through conventional or electronic means. Images altered beyond standard cropping and resizing require further negotiation with a staff member. The user is responsible for all issues of copyright.