What Types of Information Does the Wisconsin Historical Foundation Collect From Me?
- Personal Information. We collect Personal Information that you provide to us, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, and email address. We collect credit card and financial information to complete sales transactions.
- Non-Personal Information. We also collect non-personal information from you, such as your browser type, the URL of the previous website you visited, your ISP, operating system, and your Internet protocol (IP) Address ("Non-Personal Information"). Non-Personal Information cannot be easily used to personally identify you.
How and When Does the Wisconsin Historical Foundation Collect This Information?
- Providing Information to Us. We collect Personal Information from you when you provide it to us. For example, if you provide an online donation through the Website, we may collect your name, mailing address, telephone number, credit card number and email address. If you sign up to receive a newsletter, we will collect your email address.
- Communications With Us. If you communicate with us regarding the Website, we will collect any information that you provide to us in any such communication.
- Analytic and Reporting Technologies. Like the operators of most websites, we use analytic and reporting technologies to record Non-Personal Information such as Internet domain and host names, Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser software, operating system types, clickstream patterns and the dates and times that the Website is accessed.
How Does the Wisconsin Historical Foundation Use My Information?
- Personal Information. We use Personal Information primarily for our own internal purposes, such as providing, maintaining, evaluating, and improving Wisconsin Historical Foundation services and the Website, fulfilling requests for information and providing customer support. For example, if you make a donation on our Website, we will use the information that you provide us to communicate with you about your donation and any subsequent transactions. Similarly, if you sign up to receive a newsletter, we will use the email address you provide to send you the newsletters.
- Non-Personal Information. We use Non-Personal Information to track the use of the Website and for other internal purposes, such as providing, maintaining, evaluating, and improving the Wisconsin Historical Foundation Website.
When Will the Wisconsin Historical Foundation Disclose My Information to Third Parties?
- Disclosure of Personal Information. We do not disclose any donor Personal Information to third parties.
- Disclosure of Non-Personal Information. We do not disclose Non-Personal Information, in aggregate form, to third parties.
What About Cookies?
How Can I Review and Make Changes to My Personal Information?
- You can obtain a copy of and request that we correct errors in your Personal Information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. For your protection, you will be required to provide proof of your identity to obtain a copy of your Personal Information.
- If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about the Website, we will ask you for your friend's name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the Website. We do not store this information.
- The security of your Personal Information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information such as a credit card number order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
- We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- The Site contains links to other web sites. The Wisconsin Historical Foundation is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other web sites. Customers and visitors will need to check the policy statement of these others web sites to understand their policies.
What About Children's Privacy?
- The Wisconsin Historical Foundation does not collect information from anyone under 18 years of age.
Can I Opt-Out of Receiving Communications From The Wisconsin Historical Foundation?
- If you no longer wish to receive our newsletters and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication or by emailing email@example.com.
Effective date: January 1, 2008
Last modified: February 3, 2014
About the Wisconsin Historical Foundation
Contact Dave Wilder by phone 608-264-6590 or by email below: