COVID-19 Updates: In order to help reduce the increased spread of COVID-19, options for accessing our headquarters building have changed. Click here for more information.

Search the Wisconsin Historical Society's collections

Searching for

Refine by

Results 1-20 of 210

Photograph

Stone Hop House

Date: 1908
Description: Exterior view of a stone hop house built by Jesse Carpenter in 1894. It was sold to James Stuart "when the crash came."
Photograph

Count Agostin Haraszthy

Date: 
Description: Full-length view of Count Agostin Haraszthy standing. Copied from a painting that was destroyed by fire.
Photograph

Rock of Gibraltar in the Richmond Memorial Park

Date: 1902
Description: Two women and a man pose atop Gibraltar Rock in Richmond Memorial Park, which was dedicated by Jens Jensen and the Wisconsin Friends in 1927 in order to co...
Photograph

The Illinois Mine

Date: 1907
Description: Iron mines with railroad tracks three miles south of North Freedom, in La Rue. One the left are buildings with three large smokestacks; on the right is mac...
Photograph

The Sauk County Fair

Date: 1906
Description: Elevated view of crowds milling around attractions on a sunny day at the Sauk County Fair. Sideshows and concessions are on the left, and an oval dirt raci...
Photograph

Club House

Date: 1906
Description: Exterior view from street of former home of historian and writer H. E. Cole, located at 908 Ash Street.
Photograph

Court House Park

Date: 1909
Description: Court House Park from Dr. Snyder's window.
Photograph

Ringling Brothers Circus Winter Quarters

Date: 1930
Description: Barn used by the Ringling Brothers to store circus equipment during the winter.
Photograph

First Church Historic Site Marker

Date: 1925
Description: Historic site marker to commemorate the first church in Baraboo. The inscription reads "The first church in Baraboo was erected on this lot by the Methodi...
Photograph

Historic Site Marker for First Schoolhouse

Date: April 14 1926
Description: A marker on a rock commemorates the first schoolhouse built in Baraboo.
Photograph

Mill and Store

Date: 1909
Description: Exterior view across field of mill and store at Black Hawk. There are feed sacks on the porch of the mill and a horse on the far right.
Photograph

Wilson's Tavern

Date: 1923
Description: Wilson's Tavern, north of the point where the road from Black Hawk enters Trunk Highway 60. Built by John Wilson on Wilson Creek.
Photograph

W.S. Pierce House

Date: 1909
Description: W.S. Pierce house under the shade of trees.
Photograph

Denniston House

Date: 1900
Description: Denniston House, P.J. Schnorrenberg, proprietor. View across railroad tracks of the hotel entrance with porch. A man and three women are standing on the po...
Photograph

Haney House

Date: 1925
Description: Berry Haney house, located about a mile east of Cross Plains. The stone portion of the house was built in 1840.
Photograph

Hawks Tavern

Date: 1920
Description: Front view of Hawks Tavern, with a person sitting on the porch. There is also a second floor porch. Posters are posted on a pole in front of the building.
Photograph

Dell Creek Bridge

Date: 1909
Description: View from river of Dell Creek bridge with bluff and birch trees on the left.
Photograph

Dodgeville Hotel

Date: 1925
Description: Three men are working outside on the street in front of the Dodgeville Hotel.
Photograph

Woman on Footbridge

Date: 1909
Description: Woman on footbridge in a forested area in Durwards Glen.
Photograph

Durwards Glen Chapel on a Hill

Date: 1909
Description: Stone chapel on a hillside at Durwards Glen.

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at: