COVID-19 Updates: In order to help reduce the increased spread of COVID-19, our headquarters building will be closed to the public until at least January 3, 2021. Click here for more information.

Search the Wisconsin Historical Society's collections

Searching for

Refine by

Results 1-20 of 44

Map or Atlas

Bird's-Eye View of Fort Atkinson

Date: 1870
Description: Birds eye drawing of Fort Atkinson, Jefferson County, depicts street names and street layouts, houses, trees, Rock River and Bark River. A reference key at...
Map or Atlas

Bird's-Eye View of Ripon

Date: 1867
Description: Bird's-eye map of Ripon, with insets of points of interest.
Map or Atlas

Bird's-Eye View of Washburn, Wis. Bayfield County

Date: 1886
Description: Bird's-eye map of Washburn on Lake Superior. There is an inset of Washburn, Chequamagon and the Apostle Islands.
Map or Atlas

Bird's-Eye View of Ishpeming

Date: 1871
Description: Bird's-eye view of Ishpeming.
Painting

Levi B. Vilas House

Date: 1938
Description: Levi B. Vilas built this house in 1853 at 521 North Henry Street on the corner of Langdon Street.
Painting

William F. Vilas House

Date: 1938
Description: House built by Julius T. Clark in 1859, which in 1878 became the home of William F. Vilas.
Painting

James McBride House

Date: 1938
Description: The house built by James McBride at 200 Farwell Drive. The house was later owned by Halle Steensland, Samuel H. Marshall, and Robert M. La Follette.
Painting

Jairus Fairchild House

Date: 1938
Description: Jairus Cassius Fairchild, the first mayor of Madison, built this house in 1850 at 302 South Wisconsin Avenue (renamed Monona Avenue in 1877) at West Wilson...
Painting

Elmside

Date: 1938
Description: Elmside was built by Peter Van Bergen, a prominent builder of the 1840's, at 302 South Mills Street. The house was later owned by Dr. J.B. Bowen.
Painting

Executive Residence

Date: 1938
Description: This Italianate sandstone house was built in 1856 by Julius T. White at 130 East Gilman Street. The house was later owned by J.G. Thorp, whose daughter mar...
Painting

Ella Giles House

Date: 1938
Description: Ella Giles house, built by A.A. Bird around 1838 at 451 West Wilson Street.
Painting

Reverend F.F. Ford House

Date: 1938
Description: Reverend F.F. Ford house, at 1023 Spaight Street, was built by Mr. Harris prior to 1875 when it was purchased by Storer. Winifred Ford, widow of Marcus For...
Painting

Kendall / Storer House

Date: 1938
Description: The George Storer house, 104 East Gilman Street, built in 1855 by John E. Kendall.
Painting

Judge James C. Hopkins House

Date: 1938
Description: The Judge James C. Hopkins house built in 1850 at 134 West Wilson Street.
Painting

Morris E. Fuller House

Date: 1938
Description: The Morris E. Fuller House located at 423 North Pinckney Street, built by Napolean B. Van Slyke about 1865. The house was later owned by Fuller and Robert...
Painting

Keenan / Knight House

Date: 1938
Description: John H. Knight house, 28 East Gilman Street, built by Napoleon B. Van Slyke in 1858. Later owned by Knight, then Dr. George Keenan.
Painting

Garnhart House

Date: 1938
Description: The house at 424 North Pinckney Street was built by Samuel H. Donnell in 1857-1858. Donnell was one of the architects for the former Capitol, and the house...
Painting

Levi B. Vilas House

Date: 1938
Description: The Levi B. Vilas house at 521 North Henry Street after the porch and steps were remodeled by Arthur O. Fox, brother of Mrs. William F. Vilas, who purchase...
Painting

Stoner House

Date: 1938
Description: The Stoner house, located at 321 South Hamilton Street.
Painting

Neckerman House

Date: 1939
Description: The Neckerman house, located at 208-212 (210-214?) Monona Avenue, (now Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard), built by General David Atwood and his partner Ro...

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at: