Help for Using Senator William Proxmire Collection
Browsing the interviews
- Open the Interviews tab
- Roll over any photo to learn more about the person interviewed
- Click on the photo to read the transcript of the interview
Browsing to other documents
- Open the Senator William Proxmire Collection page
- Click any link in the "Browse Selected Items" box to see manuscripts, books, articles, or other materials
Searching inside documents
- When any document is open, click the blue "Text Search" button to perform a full-text search of the individual document
- Use the search box on the Senator William Proxmire Collection page to search across all documents
- Original documents display in the CONTENTdm document viewer
- To zoom in and out, use the + and - buttons in the CONTENTdm toolbar
- The "Print" drop-down menu in the upper right side of your screen allows you to print an individual page, all pages, or a subset of pages. To print, select the option you'd like ("This Page" for the individual page, "All" for all pages, and "Subset" for a section of the folder). If choosing a subset, a popup will appear allowing you to specify which pages you'd like to print.
- Once you make your print selection, a popup screen will appear with the page(s) you selected in a PDF screen. Next click the grey printer icon in the upper left of the PDF menu to print the page(s).
- To save PDFs to your own computer, use the blue "Download" drop-down menu in the upper right side of your screen. Select "All (PDF)" to save the entire transcript. Select "small" or "medium" to save individual pages as JPEG images.
- Bibliographic data appears below each document. Copy and paste the bibliographic data into your preferred citation manager.
Listening to audio
- MP3 files of each interview are coming soon
- When viewing an image in the collection, scroll below the image and click the "Buy a Copy" link
- You will be taken to the image page in Wisconsin Historical Images
- Click the blue "Buy This Image" button to see image options and place the order
Rights and Permissions
All material may be printed or downloaded at no cost for nonprofit educational use by teachers, students and researchers. Documents created by Sen. Proxmire and his staff as part of their government duties are generally copyright free. All other documents may have copyright restrictions. Nothing may be reproduced in any format for commercial purposes without prior consultation with the Wisconsin Historical Society.
If you need help, contact us by clicking the feedback tab.