1 2 3
.

Photograph

Barstow Street

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: Barstow Street looking north. View from the corner of Main Street, where the Eau Claire Book and Stationary Company later stood, looking north. The white...

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Demolished brick building.

Photograph

Ingram Residence

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: Exterior of the Ingram residence in winter, home of the wealthy lumberman O.H. Ingram.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Demolished building with a group of men standing on the rubble.

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Stereograph of the courthouse before remodeling during the spring or summer.

Photograph

Meggett Residence

Date: 1884 ca.

Description: Meggett residence at the corner of Jones and River Streets.

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: View of Eau Claire from eastside hill near Carter. A man and young child stand in the foreground.

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: View of the courthouse, with bell tower. The building was built about 1870. The roof and lower part have since been changed.

Photograph

Allen's Hall

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: View of a two-story wood-sided building, with a sidewalk next to the street.

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Three or four-story brick building, with a "Drug Book Store" sign at the front, and a winding stair at the side. A man stands on the front sidewalk, and t...

Date: 1880 

Description: Bird's-eye view of Eau Claire.

Photograph

Bartlett School

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: The Third Ward, East Side, or Barlett School, after additions had been put on in the rear. The Bartlett after whom the school building was named was Willi...

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Water street, before the fire of the 1880's, from the corner of Fifth avenue, looking east with storefronts and fire engine house.

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: View of the courthouse. Roof and lower part have since been changed.

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: Front entry to the Wesleyan Seminary. It was built in the early 1860's on the site of the present High School building.

Date: 1884 

Description: Stereograph of three-story brick building on a dirt road.

Date: 1877 

Description: Relief shown by hachures. Shows land ownership by name, wards, railroads, mills, dams, city limits, Chippewa River, and Half Moon Lake. Includes index of m...

Photograph

Methodist Church

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Methodist church on Barstow Street, built during the 1860's.

Photograph

Eau Claire House

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Original part built in 1856, where the present Eau Claire House stands. It was later moved to another site and eventually torn down to make room for the Y....

Date: 1889 ca.

Description: Shows city limits, railroads, mills, schools, cemeteries, dams, parks, lumber yards, log canals, log reservoir, Chippewa River, Eau Claire River, and Half...

1 2 3

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.