1 2 3 4 5 6
.

Date: 1890 

Description: Bird's-eye map of Beloit with insets of Williams Engine Works, Eclipse Wind Engine Co., and John Foster & Co.

Date: 1865 ca.

Description: The Institution for the Education of the Blind where Louisa May Alcott attended school. Writing on the photo reads "Institution for the Education of the Bl...

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Family posed outdoors around a table in front of a frame house. There are two men with newspapers, girls with watermelon, and a woman on the porch of the h...

Photograph

Mary C. and Grandpa

Date: 1898 ca.

Description: An elderly man stands in a room holding a small girl. Caption on negative reads, "Mary C. and Grandpa."

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Exterior of the second Rock County Court House which stood from 1896 to 1955. The Architect was E. Townsend Mix.

Date: 1885 after

Description: Stereograph view of Memorial Hall at Beloit College.

Date: 1853 

Description: Map covers area between the cities of Janesville and Kenosha in Rock, Walworth, and Kenosha counties for railroad routes. Lakes and counties are labelled....

Date: 1877 ca.

Description: Exterior of First Congregational Church in winter.

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Milwaukee Street looking east in Janesville. The Myers House is located at the top of the hill.

Date: 1858 

Description: Drawing of the exterior of the Shopiere Flouring Mill. Several men, some in a horse-drawn wagon are in front of the building.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Stereograph of the Rock County Court House.

Photograph

The Lappin Block

Date: 1892 ca.

Description: The Lappin block, Ed. Carpenter, proprietor. Businesses on this block include: Bort, Baily & Co., Dry Goods and Carpets; A.F. Hall & Co., "The Reliable Jew...

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: View across wooden platform of a brick high school on a hill surrounded by a fence. The school has a mansard roof and what appears to be a bell tower above...

Date: 1887 ca.

Description: This map of Beloit shows labeled wards, plat of town, roads, railroads, the Rock River, city boundaries, and land ownership by name. The back of the map is...

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: Exterior view in winter of the Wisconsin School for the Blind. In the foreground is a gateway and fence.

Photograph

Jefferson School

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Jefferson School, built on the site of the first cemetery in Janesville.

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Two men, one of whom is Halver Skavlem, and a woman, Gunil Skavlem, are posed in a yard. One man reads the "Western Rural", a newspaper dated August 14, 18...

Date: 1895 after

Description: Drawing of the Edward Dwight Eaton Chapel at Beloit College. Note on the drawing says: "Patton & Fisher Archts, Chicago."

Date: 1885 

Description: Partial removal of railroad bridge over Rock River. A train is on a section not being removed in order to transport men and materials.

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: The State Institute for the Blind. A school free for blind children of Wisconsin and attended by Louisa May Alcott.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.