1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Aerial view of the last covered bridge, which is no longer standing.

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Street leading to British Hollow's commercial district .

Date: 1864 

Description: The village, founded by Delos W. Taft, had its name changed to Bloomington in 1867. It had been named Tafton.

Date: 1930-10-24 

Description: Man sitting in driver's seat of a Skelly Truck promoting itself with banners and streamers. In the background on the right is a church.

Date:  

Description: Contest winners pose outside brick building in doorway. The children are wearing ribbons on their lapels or collars. First row, reading from left to righ...

Photograph

Mississippi River

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: Mississippi River stereograph with a St. Jacob's Oil building in the distance.

Photograph

Lutheran Church

Date: 1921 ca.

Description: Lutheran church with a fence and trees in front. There is a shed with a ladder propped against it behind the church.

Photograph

Barber Home

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: The home of Joel Allen Barber who helped frame the present constitution of Wisconsin.

Date:  

Description: Teacher and students pose outside clapboard one-room schoolhouse. There appears to be a bell tower on the roof.

Date: 1930-10-24 

Description: Group portrait of children in costume posed on the back of a truck decorated with streamers for the Cheese Day Parade. Some of the children hold handwritte...

Date: 1945 ca.

Description: The hotel includes a sign: "Old Denniston House".

Photograph

Prize Winning Ears

Date:  

Description: Close-up of ten prize winning ears of corn on display at the Grant County Fair.

Date: 1927 

Description: Old Soldiers' Reunion on the public square.

Photograph

A Pretty Residence

Date: 1921 ca.

Description: View down road of a row of houses. Young trees are planted along the lot line and supported by wooden posts.

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: A view of the Mitchell-Rountree house, built in 1837.

Date: 1949-02-17 

Description: One of five aerial views of Platteville and surrounding countryside covered in snow.

Photograph

Knowledge Hall

Date: 1963 ca.

Description: Front entrance to Knowledge Hall, with a man standing on the front porch. This was a wagon shop and GAR meeting hall. It was demolished in 1964.

Photograph

Glen Haven

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: Stereograph of buildings in Glen Haven.

Photograph

State Mining School

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: A view of the State Mining School. This maple tree was planted in 1869 by, Professor Charles H. Allen, Professor Duncan McGregor, and Melvin Grigsby.

Photograph

Depot and Yards

Date: 1929 

Description: View down railroad tracks looking towards the Bagley train station. On the right is a large storage tank. A man is driving a car near the railroad tracks n...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.