1 2 3 4 5 6
.

Date: 1856 

Description: " . . . At Grand Chute stood the young settlement of Appleton. Although only a few years old, it already boasted a college, named, as was the village itsel...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Reverend F.F. Ford house, at 1023 Spaight Street, was built by Mr. Harris prior to 1875 when it was purchased by Storer. Winifred Ford, widow of Marcus For...

Date:  ca.

Description: A watercolor painting depicting the city of Madison circa 1850-1851.

Date: 1850 ca.

Description: Buildings along Wisconsin River.

Painting

De Pere Painting

Date: 1856 

Description: ". . . At De Pere they stopped on the west shore for a broad sketch of the dwellings clustered on both sides of the river. The distant dam, the mills, ware...

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Hugo Ballin's "Spirit of Labor" mural from the Wisconsin State Capitol building.

Date: 1916-03-16 

Description: Benjamin Walker Castle, 900 block East Gorham Street, ca. 1862-1893

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The George Storer house, 104 East Gilman Street, built in 1855 by John E. Kendall.

Date:  

Description: House was located at 530 N. Pinckney Street (this is not the house most strongly connected with Swenson called Thorstrand that still exists). According to...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Jairus Cassius Fairchild, the first mayor of Madison, built this house in 1850 at 302 South Wisconsin Avenue (renamed Monona Avenue in 1877) at West Wilson...

Painting

Yahara River

Date:  date unknown

Description: Watercolor painting of the Yahara River, somewhere between Lake Monona and Lake Mendota.

Painting

Menasha Painting

Date: 1856 

Description: ". . . The upper Grand Chute was the last of the 'improvements' paintings signed by Brookes and Stevenson. Yet there were two more vital links in the Fox R...

Painting

Fort Crawford

Date: 1840 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford (the second site, with buildings of 1829-?), on the east bank of the Mississippi River, about 2 miles above the mouth of the Wisconsin River.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Judge James C. Hopkins house built in 1850 at 134 West Wilson Street.

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Simeon Mills house, located at 222 Monona Avenue.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Oil painting of a double row of willow trees on University Bay Drive. A trail winds between them. Boulders line the shore of Lake Mendota on the left. A tu...

Painting

Fort Crawford

Date: 1830 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford (the original site, 1816-1831).

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: View of Edward C. Berner's ice cream store.

Painting

Elmside

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Elmside was built by Peter Van Bergen, a prominent builder of the 1840's, at 302 South Mills Street. The house was later owned by Dr. J.B. Bowen.

Painting

Yahara River

Date: 1906 

Description: Watercolor painting of the Yahara River at Lake Monona.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.