1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 2008 

Description: Felix Ohrlien's gas station, at 105 Water Street, was built in 1944-45 and is still in use today, however it is now owned and operated by Dick Ambrose, who...

Photograph

State Bank

Date: 1914 

Description: Corner view from unpaved street of the State Bank. A meat market is next door on the left. Flyers on the power poles are for an upcoming fair. A metal and...

Date: 1922 

Description: View up a street lined with shops.

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: View from road of large two-story house which has been converted to a funeral home. The two-story structure has a large porch and brick on the first story,...

Photograph

Club House

Date: 1906 

Description: Exterior view from street of former home of historian and writer H. E. Cole, located at 908 Ash Street.

Postcard

Trinity Church

Date: 1908 ca.

Description: Colored postcard of the exterior of the stone church. There are four crosses, one on the bell tower, and three others at the corners of the roof. Windows a...

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: Man in work clothes holding a shovel loaded with dirt while another man watches in the background. The men were Civilian Conservation Corps workers at Devi...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Bernard Arms poses with his wife Nellie. There is an automobile (possibly a Chevrolet) in the background.

Date: 1909 

Description: A view from shoreline below a bridge that crosses the Wisconsin River. There are two signs on the upper level of the bridge. One is for weight limit and th...

Photograph

Catholic Church

Date: 1924 

Description: Exterior of a church.

Date: 1922 ca.

Description: Limbs litter the ground under trees heavily coated with ice on the Sauk County Courthouse Square after an ice storm.

Date:  

Description: Posing together from left to right are Elinora, Nellie Arms (aunt of Lewis Arms), and Bonnie Childs. They are at Nellie and Bernard Arms's farm. There is a...

Photograph

Van Hise Rock

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Van Hise Rock by Ableman's Narrows (Rock Springs), with dedication plaque. Rock Springs was called Ableman until 1947.

Photograph

Mill House

Date:  date unknown

Description: The Mill House is another component of the compound at House on the Rock.

Photograph

Thuerer House

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: View from street of a dog standing on front walk in front of the Dr. Chris L. Thuerer home, a large Four Square Style house which has large bay windows and...

Date: 1930 

Description: Row of cabins in Effinger Park. Each has a screened back porch. Picnic tables, sling-back chairs, and a parked car are under the trees on the lawn.

Photograph

Parochial School

Date: 1924 

Description: View across street of the two-story Parochial School on the corner. There is a double door entrance on the left side of the building, and an arched entranc...

Photograph

Dellwood Depot

Date: 1929 

Description: View down railroads tracks of train arriving at the Dellwood Depot. The movement of the train has caused multiple ghost images of the locomotive. A small g...

Date: 2008 

Description: The Tudor Revival cottage-style station at 137 South Winsted Street and State Highway 23 was constructed in 1926. It features a centered gable above the en...

Photograph

The Empire House

Date: 1926 ca.

Description: A copy of a duo-tone print of the exterior of a three-story wooden classical revival building identified as the Empire House.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.