1 2 3 4
.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: St. Paul's Irish Catholic Church, erected in 1855.

Date: 1932 

Description: The home of J. Hutchinson originally built by John B. Terry and consisting of just the first story. Terry came to the lead region in 1829 as a merchant and...

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: The Knights of Pythias Castle Hall, formerly the Presbyterian Church, dedicated in 1844. The small building to the right of the church was built and occupi...

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: A bedroom in the restored Cornish miner's house, called Polperro, on Shake Rag Street. The house was temporarily covered with siding, but after restoration...

Date: 2012-03-20 

Description: An exterior view of the Methodist Episcopal Church, located at Doty and Iowa Streets. This church was originally dedicated in 1871.

Date: 1838 ca.

Description: Pencil sketch of a building owned by the Rodolf family along a commercial street.

Date: 2009 ca.

Description: Close-up of original chairs in Mineral Point Opera House's balcony including hat racks.

Date: 2012-03-18 

Description: Exterior view of the Trinity Episcopal Church, which was erected in 1845. There are automobiles parked on the road in front of the building.

Date: 1932 

Description: The home of Joseph Gundry, a dry goods merchant. The house was later acquired for use as a museum by the Mineral Point Historical Society.

Date: 2009 ca.

Description: Decorative plasterwork in the Mineral Point Opera House showing stage and painted curtain in background.

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Jars of canned food are stored in the cellar of the restored Cornish miner's house, called Polperro, on Shake Rag Street. The house was temporarily covered...

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: A primitive Methodist Church building.

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: The bedroom in the restored Cornish miner's house, called Polperro, on Shake Rag Street. The house was temporarily covered with siding, but after restorati...

Photograph

The Walker House

Date: 2012-02-16 

Description: An exterior view, with snow on the ground, of the Walker House on 1 Water Street. The stone house functions as a guest house/hotel.

Date: 2012-02-23 

Description: Exterior view of the railroad depot building.

Date: 2009 ca.

Description: Interior view of balcony and plaster work of the Mineral Point Opera House.

Date: 2009 ca.

Description: Restored lobby and ticket window of Mineral Point Opera House.

Date: 1935 

Description: The front door of the Harris cottage.

Photograph

Odd Fellows Hall

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: The Odd Fellows Hall, built in 1838, was the first to be built west of the Allegheny Mountains. The cornerstones were laid by P.G. Sire Thomas Widley, foun...

Photograph

Cornish Miner's Row

Date: 1962-06-16 ca.

Description: A row of historical homes, once owned by Cornish miners. Purchased by Robert Neal, the house on the left is undergoing restoration. Mr. Neal has also resto...

1 2 3 4

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.