1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
.

Photograph

Fort Winnebago

Date: 1898 ca.

Description: Ruins of the commissary warehouse at Fort Winnebago, about 1898. Fort Winnebago was closed in 1845 and the land and buildings sold. Today, only the Surge...

Photograph

Fort Winnebago

Date: 1898 

Description: The commissary warehouse at Fort Winnebago.

Photograph

Franklin Street

Date: 1909 

Description: A view of Franklin St., looking west.

Photograph

Indian Agency House

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: A view of the Indian Agency House.

Photograph

Fort Winnebago

Date: 1952 

Description: A view of the surgeon's quarters at Fort Winnebago. Partially restored by the Daughters of the American Revolution.

Photograph

Indian Agency House

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: A view of the Indian Agency House before restoration.

Photograph

Guppey Guard

Date: 1877-06 

Description: The Guppey Guard, a Wisconsin state militia unit, in formation on a street in Portage.

Photograph

Fort Winnebago

Date: 1919 ca.

Description: Fort Winnebago surgeon's quarters before restoration. Plans used in the remodeling of 1834 (furnished by the War department) were employed to determine the...

Photograph

Portage Canal

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: The Portage canal looking east from the Canal Bridge.

Photograph

Fort Winnebago

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: A view of the Fort Winnebago hospital. Detail showing the front door. All but the screen door is original.

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: A view of the office of the Wisconsin State Resister.

Photograph

Fort Winnebago

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Front elevation of the Fort Winnebago hospital.

Date: 1963 ca.

Description: A view of the Frederick Jackson Turner house, sold and much altered with portico added. The address of this home is 319 West Franklin Street.

Date: 1855 ca.

Description: Fox-Wisconsin portage and canal map, when the canal was not yet built. From a map in the office of the city clerk at Portage. "The old trail, the location...

Date:  date unknown

Description: The First Presbyterian Church, dedicated October 15, 1893.

Photograph

Fort Winnebago

Date: 1834 

Description: Postcard reproduction of an oil painting of Fort Winnebago, which was built in 1827 by Major William Whistler and a detachment of the First Infantry.

Photograph

Yellow Thunder

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Studio portrait of Yellow thunder, a Winnebago Chief.

Photograph

Toll House

Date: 1924 

Description: The old toll house. The house is surrounded by a sagging wire fence, and there are two pumps in the overgrown yard.

Photograph

Fort Winnebago

Date: 1897 ca.

Description: The commissary warehouse at Fort Winnebago.

Photograph

Indian Agency House

Date: 1932 ca.

Description: The Indian Agency House near the site of Fort Winnebago. An interior view of the stairway.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.