1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 2004 ca.

Description: The lamp and clock in the living room of the Quinney farmhouse.

Photograph

Public School

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Elkhorn High School and its bell tower.

Photograph

Yerkes Observatory

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: A group portrait of three women and two men outdoors on the steps of the Yerkes Observatory, a facility of the University of Chicago.

Date: 1892-07 

Description: Parade of men, women, and young people attending the second convention of the Wisconsin Loyal Temperance Union at Delavan. The LTL was a branch of the Wom...

Photograph

The Old Place

Date:  date unknown

Description: View of the Quinney family's farmhouse including screened porch and yard.

Date: 1925 

Description: Spring Prairie Church.

Photograph

Tom Amlie's Home

Date:  

Description: Robert Bloch, Harold Gauer, Tom Amilie, and two unknown men at Amlie's home. Taken to illustrate campaign brochure of Amlie talking to "farmer types."

Date: 2004 ca.

Description: Piano in the front bedroom of the Quinney farmhouse.

Date: 1926 

Description: Floyd Quinney focusing his Kodak Autographic on a suburban street.

Date: 1907 ca.

Description: A view of a cabin on the grounds of the State Normal School. A pile of logs sits to the left.

Date: 1954 

Description: View of a sign to the cemetery that says, "Old Settler's Cemetery 1837-1875, Burial Place of Samuel * Henry Phoenix, Founders of Delavan 1836." The cemete...

Photograph

Circus Hotel

Date: 1926 

Description: This old hotel was known variously as the Park, Brick, or Circus hotel and dates from the 1870s. The large brick structure has a front gable with fancy shi...

Photograph

Delavan Lake

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: View of the north shore of Delavan Lake with a lighthouse in the background. Also known as "Red Top" and "L. P. Sutter's"

Date: 2003 ca.

Description: A landscape view toward the Old Place on the Quinney farm.

Photograph

Buena Vista House

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: View of the inn, with three cars parked in front. There is a "Chicken & Steak Dinner" sign, as well as a "Schlitz" beer sign. The cobblestone inn was buil...

Photograph

Yerkes Observatory

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: Exterior of Yerkes Observatory.

Date: 1890 

Description: Esterly Harvesting Machine Company looking southeast across State Street at intersection with Newcomb Street.

Date: 1936 

Description: Richard Quinney and his new brother Ralph held by their mother on the front porch of the farmhouse.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: View of the main building, with a lightpost in the foreground. A sign on the building reads, "Wisconsin Institution for the Deaf & Dumb."

Date: 2003 ca.

Description: Spinning wheel and high chair in the attic of the Quinney farmhouse.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.