1 2 3
.

Date: 1949-03-28 

Description: Aerial photograph of Prairie du Chien showing the Mississippi River in the upper portion of the picture.

Date: 1855-05-21 

Description: This plat map shows lots, the Kickapoo River, and the Wisconsin River.

Date:  date unknown

Description: This map is pen-and-ink on tracing paper with a mounted legend and shows the Kickapoo River, Indian mounds, the 1st Fort Crawford, an Indian Agency, the si...

Date: 1953 

Description: The Diamond Jo warehouse.

Date: 1828 ca.

Description: This plat map is pen-and-ink and shows landowners, the Mississippi River, the Marais de St. Friole, Fort Crawford, the town commons, and the Village of St....

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: The Diamond Jo warehouse, a view from the river.

Photograph

Railroad Bridge

Date:  date unknown

Description: A view of a railroad bridge, constructed of heavy steel that sits on massive stone supports. Wooded hills stand in the background.

Date: 1828 ca.

Description: This map is pen-and-ink and served as the model for the lithograph produced in 1828 by C.B. Graham. Landowners are labeled as is the Mississippi River.

Date: 1873 ca.

Description: Stereoview of John Lawler's pile-pontoon railway bridge over both channels of the Mississippi River at Prairie du Chien, and McGregor, Iowa. East draw, 396...

Date: 1880 

Description: Stereograph of the Artesian Well near the intersection of Wisconsin and Minnesota (later renamed Wacouta) Streets. The following is printed on the backside...

Photograph

Dousman House Hotel

Date: 1916 ca.

Description: Dousman House hotel, surrounded by Mississippi River flood water in spring. View looking northwest.

Date: 1929-01-15 

Description: Intended for tourists, this brochure, titled: "Winneshiek WorldÂ’s Famous Wild Life Refuge Historic Fort Crawford and Picturesque Prairie du Chien," feature...

Date: 1870 

Description: Stereograph of John Lawler's pile-pontoon railway bridge over the Mississippi River.

Date:  date unknown

Description: "Section of New Prairie du Chien Marquette $1,000,000 Suspension Bridge. Total length 3729 feet. Only suspension bridge on the Mississippi River. Open for...

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: View looking toward old Diamond Jo Warehouse, before the bridge was built.

Date: 1856 

Description: This map shows lot and block numbers, streets, the Mississippi River, Fort Crawford, depot ground, and a graveyard. An old fort location is outlined in re...

Date: 1854-12-05 

Description: This plat map shows landowners, the Mississippi River, the Marais de St. Friole, and an old fort. The left margin reads: "Part of the Main Village of Prai...

Photograph

Dousman House

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: The Dousman House seen from the Mississippi River.

Date: 1880 

Description: Stereograph of the Artesian Well near the intersection of Wisconsin and Minnesota (later renamed Wacouta) Streets. The following is printed on the back of...

Photograph

Mississippi River

Date: 1931 ca.

Description: Mississippi River from the Brisbois Mansion. Left to right: Dousman House Hotel, railroad station, electrical plant smoke stack, Diamond Jo warehouse, and...

1 2 3

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.