1 2 3
.

Date:  

Description: Letterhead of the University of Wisconsin Board of Regents, with a duotone view across Lake Mendota toward Bascom Hall, with other university buildings and...

Date: 1857 

Description: One thousand dollar bond and coupons issued by the Watertown and Madison Railroad Company in 1857. Jairus Fairchild, president, and T.L. Lawrence have sig...

Date: 1901 ca.

Description: An advertisement for the A.H. Kayser lumberyard at 204 East Washington Avenue.

Date: 1859 ca.

Description: An illustration of the Capital House, from the 1858-1859 Madison City Directory. The first-class hotel opened in 1853, was later bought by L.B. Vilas and c...

Print

Park Hotel

Date: 1907 ca.

Description: Park Hotel on the Capitol Square.

Date:  

Description: Memohead of the Bank of the Commonwealth, with a view of the dome of the Wisconsin state capitol building in Madison, Wisconsin, and names of bank officers...

Date: 1932 ca.

Description: A black and white etching of the State Historical Society of Wisconsin.

Date:  

Description: Letterhead of O.E. Fitch & Company, "Hatters and Gents' Furnishers", of Madison, Wisconsin, with a man's long-sleeved shirt with a banded collar, front pla...

Date: 1973 ca.

Description: The Kendall house at 104 East Gilman Street, built by J.E. Kendall in 1885.

Date: 1889-03-30 

Description: Bird's-eye view from Bascom Hill of Madison, with vignettes of the Wisconsin State Capitol, Lake Monona, and the Capitol Park.

Date:  

Description: Letterhead of the Wisconsin Music Company of Madison, Wisconsin, with two elevated views of the Cable Company's Chicago and St. Charles piano and organ fac...

Print

Pierce House

Date: 1973 ca.

Description: A sketch of the Pierce Residence at 424 North Pinckney Street. The house is sometimes referred to by the surnames of its other owners: McDonnell, Garnhardt...

Print

Park Hotel

Date: 1889 

Description: Park Hotel from a map in the manuscripts division.

Print

Bascom Hall

Date: 1908 

Description: Illustration of Bascom Hall on University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. Formerly called "University" or "Main" hall, the building in 1920 was renamed for J...

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: The third Wisconsin Capitol (the second in Madison) as it appeared shortly after the construction was completed.

Date: 1921 

Description: Memorial Union from across Langdon Street on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. Projected drawing of the Union at its completion. Included is a fe...

Print

Keenan House

Date: 1973 ca.

Description: Keenan House at 28 East Gilman Street. The house was built in 1858 by Napoleon Bonaparte Van Slyke.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Back, front, and inside front cover of the menu from The Restaurant at Baron's department store, with "A Historical Map of Madison" focusing on the isthmus...

Date: 1855-12-02 

Description: The Capital House bill of fare for Sunday, December 2, 1855. Proprietors were Nelson & Russell.

Date:  

Description: Letterhead of the American Exchange Bank, established in 1871 and originally named the German Bank and later, the German-American Bank, located on the Capi...

1 2 3

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.