Support the Wisconsin Historical Society
It is because of the vital support provided by the State of Wisconsin, and by dedicated members and donors, that the Society has been able to collect, preserve and share the priceless evidence of the past since 1846. Your membership or donation ensures that our stories, and those of our ancestors, are told for generations to come.
The impact of your gift
The State of Wisconsin provides sixty percent of the Wisconsin Historical Society’s annual budget. Society programs depend on essential gifts, grants and earned income for the remaining forty percent. Your membership and additional donations help to close the funding gap and sustain the programs and services that benefit three million people each year and who rely on the Society each year as their trusted connection to history.
With your investment today, you will help:
- Make available one of the top five genealogical centers in the nation
- Deliver innovative approaches in history education to teachers, students and history lovers
- Offer engaging ways to experience Wisconsin history firsthand to over 300,000 visitors each year at 12 historic sites and museums
- Support public and private efforts to protect Wisconsin's distinctive historic places
- Acquire, conserve and share the largest collection dedicated to North American history outside of the Library of Congress
- Provide outreach services, workshops and networking opportunities to more than 390 affiliated county, local and specialized historical societies throughout Wisconsin
- Make many of these collections and services available both online and in person
We are committed to making the most efficient use of your membership and donations. Please contact us at 888-748-7479 or by email with any questions.
- Free admission* to 12 historic sites and
museums during regular operating hours
- 5-issue subscription to the Wisconsin
Magazine of History—now also available
as an e-publication on your computer,
tablet or smartphone (excludes History
- 2 one-time use historic site guest
passes to bring a friend or family
- 10% discount on all Society special
events, webinars, workshops and
conferences (including the annual Local
History-Historic Preservation Conference)
- 10% discount on books, historic image
prints, genealogical records and more
- One year of Columns, the Society's
informative and colorful print
newsletter—available in print and online
- Invitations to exclusive member
events throughout the state
- A subscription to the Society's Weekly
E-Newsletter with news, events and
*Does not include ticketed events or group/ school tours. Boat trip ticket to visit Black Point Estate purchased separately.
WHY CHOOSE THIS LEVEL?
|X||1 Adult||2||Great for a household with one or two adults!|
|Not included||2 Adults,|
Children Under 18
|2||Great for a household that is looking to explore our historic sites and museums!|
Children Under 18
|2||BEST VALUE! Great for the household that wants it all. Free admission and the magazine!|
History Guardian ($250)Includes all History Lover benefits PLUS 2 additional historic site and museum guest passes and recognition in the annual report
History Ambassador ($500)Includes all History Guardian benefits PLUS 2 additional historic site and museum guest passes, recognition in the annual report, invitations to special gatherings and VIP seating at the annual Local History and Historic Preservation Conference
Heritage Circle ($1,200+)The Heritage Circle comprises members who give $1,200-$4,999 each year and the President's Council – members who give more than $5,000 annually. Heritage Circle membership includes all History Ambassador benefits PLUS:
- Additional historic site and museum guest passes
- Exclusive behind-the-scenes tours
- One free registration to the Local History and Historic Preservation Conference
- One-on-one consultation with a Society conservator to examine your paper-based artifacts and answer preservation questions
President's Council ($5,000+)Includes all Heritage Circle benefits PLUS even more exclusive-access opportunities!
Other Ways to Give
There are many ways to give to the Wisconsin Historical Society.
- Tribute Gifts
- Give a gift to the Society in honor or in memory of someone you care about. It's a thoughtful way to treasure family or friends, and to recognize an individual's life and accomplishments. To learn more about memorial or honorary gifts to the Society, please contact the membership office by email or phone at 608-261-1856.
- Legacy Gifts
- You can help ensure that future generations inherit our collective history by remembering the Society in your will, naming the Society as a beneficiary of your retirement plan, or establishing a life-income or other planned gift. In honor of your commitment we are pleased to recognize you as a distinguished member of the Robert B.L. Murphy Legacy Circle. To
- To learn more about the various ways you can support the Society through gift planning, please contact Linsey Laufenberg by email or phone at 608-264-6540.
- Employer Match
- Make your gift go twice as far by having your company match it. Check with your HR department to find out if your gift is eligible to be matched. If your matching gift program requires a printed form, please complete the form and mail it to the Wisconsin Historical Foundation, PO Box 260050, Madison, WI 53726-0050 or fax it to 608-264-6542, attention Wisconsin Historical Foundation.
- Business Partners
- Discover how your company can partner with the Wisconsin Historical Society to present exciting exhibitions at the Society's sites and museums, preserve world-class collections, provide educational programming for schoolchildren, and more. To learn about Business Partner opportunities, please contact Julie Lussier by email or by phone at 608-261-9587.
- Gifts of Stock
- To support the Society with a gift of appreciated stock, contact Lauren McCracken by email or phone at 608-261-9588 when a stock transfer is initiated. This allows us to give credit to the proper donor when the gift arrives. View security delivery instructions.
- Donate to the Collections
- The Wisconsin Historical Society relies on the generosity of donors to help fulfill its mission of preserving the state's heritage for future generations. The Society's museum, library and archives will accept qualified donations of items and artifacts that represent the experiences of Wisconsinites from many backgrounds and time periods. Learn how to donate to the Museum collections or Library and Archives collections.
- Bring history to life! Join a team of volunteers who come together in variety of capacities to collect, preserve, and share Wisconsin's stories. By volunteering your time you'll meet interesting people, have fun, and tell the story of Wisconsin while learning more about our state's colorful past. Learn about the Society's current volunteer opportunities.
Enjoy all the benefits of membership while supporting an important cause.Become a Member
Already a member? Make an online donation, renew your membership, or purchase gift memberships online. You can even register for an account on the site to access your giving history and change your address.
Already have an account? Login with your user ID and password to access your giving history, renew, or make an additional donation.
About the Wisconsin Historical Foundation
Do you have questions about becoming a member or donating? We're here to help!
Contact the membership office, open Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm, at 1-888-748-7479 (toll free) or by email below: