Support the Wisconsin Historical Society
It is because of the vital support provided by the State of Wisconsin, and by dedicated members and donors, that the Society has been able to collect, preserve and share the priceless evidence of the past since 1846. Your tax-deductible membership or donation will ensure that our stories, and those of our ancestors, are told for generations to come.
The impact of your gift
Your tax-deductible membership or donation ensures our rich heritage is protected and passed on by supporting a number of critically needed programs and services that benefit people in your community, throughout Wisconsin and the nation.
With your investment today, you will help:
- Make available one of the top five genealogical centers in the nation
- Deliver innovative approaches in history education to teachers, students and history lovers alike
- Offer engaging ways to experience Wisconsin history firsthand to over 250,000 visitors each year at 12 historic sites and museums
- Support public and private efforts to protect Wisconsin's distinctive historic places
- Acquire, conserve and share the largest collection dedicated to North American history outside of the Library of Congress
- Provide outreach services, workshops and networking opportunities to more than 380 affiliated county, local and specialized historical societies throughout Wisconsin
- Make many of these collections and services available both online and in person
- Members Receive
- An annual subscription to the award-winning quarterly "Wisconsin Magazine of History"
- FREE admission to the Wisconsin Historical Museum (on the Capitol Square in Madison)
- Half-price or free admission to all 12 historic sites and museums during regular operating hours
- One year of "Columns", the Society's informative and colorful print newsletter
- A subscription to the Society's weekly e-newsletter with news, events and fascinating facts
- 10-percent discount on genealogical records, books, historic image prints and more
- Invitations to special members-only events and activities
- Individual ($45)
- All the benefits of membership for one adult
- Household ($60)
- All Individual level benefits for two adults and all accompanying children
- History Lover ($100)
- All Household level benefits plus:
- Free admission to 12 historic sites and museums during regular operating hours
- A coupon for an additional 10-percent discount on a purchase
- Parking coupon for the Wisconsin Historical Museum or Society headquarters building
- One 6-month Individual trial membership for a friend
- History Guardian ($250)
- All History Lover benefits plus:
- 2 guest passes to 12 historic sites and museums
- 2 parking coupons for the Wisconsin Historical Museum or Society headquarters building
- Invitations to exclusive events
- History Ambassador ($500)
- All History Guardian benefits plus:
- 2 additional guest passes to 12 historic sites and museums
- Heritage Circle ($1,000 or more)
- Heritage Circle members contribute $1,000 or more annually and receive all benefits listed above, plus special benefits and recognition in appreciation of their support. Please contact us by phone at 608-261-9364 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Other Membership Options
- Basic ($30)
- Benefits of an Individual level membership but does not include the "Wisconsin Magazine of History"
- Institutional ($65)
- This is a great option for organizations, businesses, schools and libraries. Benefits include the "Wisconsin Magazine of History," "Columns" and a 10-percent discount on regularly priced Wisconsin Historical Society Press publications.
Other Ways to Give
There are many ways to give to the Wisconsin Historical Society.
- Tribute Gifts
- Give a gift to the Society in honor or in memory of someone you care about. It's a thoughtful way to treasure family or friends, and to recognize an individual's life and accomplishments. To learn more about memorial or honorary gifts to the Society, please contact Melanie Swanson by email or phone at 608-261-1856.
- Legacy Gifts
- You can help ensure that future generations inherit our collective history by remembering the Society in your will, naming the Society as a beneficiary of your retirement plan, or establishing a life-income or other planned gift. In honor of your commitment we are pleased to recognize you as a distinguished member of the Robert B.L. Murphy Legacy Circle. To
- To learn more about the various ways you can support the Society through gift planning, please contact Sarah Milestone by email or phone at 608-264-6585.
- Employer Match
- Make your gift go twice as far by having your company match it. Check with your HR department to find out if your gift is eligible to be matched. If your matching gift program requires a printed form, please complete the form and mail it to the Wisconsin Historical Foundation, PO Box 260050, Madison, WI 53726-0050 or fax it to 608-264-6542, attention Wisconsin Historical Foundation.
- Business Partners
- Discover how your company can partner with the Wisconsin Historical Society to present exciting exhibitions at the Society's sites and museums, preserve world-class collections, provide educational programming for schoolchildren, and more. To learn about Business Partner opportunities, please contact Julie Lussier by email or by phone at 608-261-9587.
- Gifts of Stock
- To support the Society with a gift of appreciated stock, please contact Sarah Milestone by email or phone at 608-264-6585. This will ensure that the gift is received and properly credited.
- Donate to the Collections
- The Wisconsin Historical Society relies on the generosity of donors to help fulfill its mission of preserving the state's heritage for future generations. The Society's museum, library and archives will accept qualified donations of items and artifacts that represent the experiences of Wisconsinites from many backgrounds and time periods. Learn how to donate to the Museum collections or Library and Archives collections.
- Bring history to life! Join a team of volunteers who come together in variety of capacities to collect, preserve, and share Wisconsin's stories. By volunteering your time you'll meet interesting people, have fun, and tell the story of Wisconsin while learning more about our state's colorful past. Learn about the Society's current volunteer opportunities.
Enjoy all the benefits of membership while supporting an important cause.Become a Member
Already a member? Make an online donation, renew your membership, or purchase gift memberships online. You can even register for an account on the site to access your giving history and change your address.
Already have an account? Login with your user ID and password to access your giving history, renew, or make an additional donation.
Giving online is safe and secure. Simply fill out the form above to make your secure donation. A confirmation email will be sent when you complete your donation.
Want to mail in your donation instead? Print and complete this form (PDF, 658 KB) and then mail it with your payment to: Wisconsin Historical Foundation, PO Box 260050, Madison, WI 53726-0050.
To donate by phone, call us toll free at 1-888-748-7479. The membership office is open Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm.
Thank you for your support!
About the Wisconsin Historical Foundation
Do you have questions about becoming a member or donating? We're here to help!
Contact the membership office, open Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm, at 1-888-748-7479 (toll free) or by email below: