1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 2008 

Description: Felix Ohrlien's gas station, at 105 Water Street, was built in 1944-45 and is still in use today, however it is now owned and operated by Dick Ambrose, who...

Date: 1922 

Description: View up a street lined with shops.

Date: 1965 

Description: Station manager Ron Nicols and an International Scout truck with plow outside Wisconsin's Very Live Radio station headquarters. WVLR shared quarters with C...

Date: 1874 ca.

Description: View west from the Cliff House at Devil's Lake.

Photograph

Loganville Mill

Date: 1924 

Description: The Loganville Mill, built in 1861. The owner was Joseph Mackey and the carpenter was Billy Palmer. Sacks of feed sit on a loading platform. There is a...

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: Exterior from street of the Schwartz Farm Equipment building, 135 Third Avenue. Show windows in the one-story brick building feature an International truck...

Photograph

Philbrick Garage

Date: 1939 

Description: An exterior view of the Philbrick Garage, a Ford dealership and Cities Service filling station located at 207 Third Avenue. A sign advertises Quaker State...

Postcard

High School

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: Full view of high school with small group of people sitting on front stairs and an automobile parked in front. Houses in background.

Date: 1931 

Description: View down driveway of the entrance sign to the Evergreen Retreat. In the background an automobile is parked near buildings and a flag on a flagpole.

Photograph

Dad's Bar

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Customers standing outside the small bar are probably waiting to take the ferry across the river.

Photograph

Parochial School

Date: 1924 

Description: View across street of the two-story Parochial School on the corner. There is a double door entrance on the left side of the building, and an arched entranc...

Date: 1926 ca.

Description: Map shows Devil's Lake State Park limits, railroads, roads, creeks, trails, and park sites. Accompanying text about the location, natural features, attract...

Photograph

Dellwood Depot

Date: 1929 

Description: View down railroads tracks of train arriving at the Dellwood Depot. The movement of the train has caused multiple ghost images of the locomotive. A small g...

Date: 2008 

Description: The Tudor Revival cottage-style station at 137 South Winsted Street and State Highway 23 was constructed in 1926. It features a centered gable above the en...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Elevated view over parking lot of House on the Rock. The property is heavily forested with trees, and bushes surround the parking area. There is a long, lo...

Photograph

Man Mound

Date:  

Description: Elevated view of Man Mound outlined in chalk looking south. A road bisects the legs of the effigy mound. A small outbuilding can be seen at left in the for...

Photograph

The Wendt Farm

Date: 1963-10-05 ca.

Description: View down the long tree-lined driveway of the Wendt farmhouse. A decorative fence post with a wheel is at the entrance to the driveway.

Date: 1911-03 

Description: Workers use a rail car mounted crane to load pilings onto a barge. Bluffs are visible in the distance.

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: View across street of the Al. Ringling Theater with a Studebaker pickup truck in the foreground. There is a hardware store on the right.

Date: 1922 ca.

Description: Trees broken and bowed under the weight of a heavy coating of ice stand in front of the Al. Ringling home. Limbs litter the snow-covered ground. Ice is on...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.