1 2 3 4
.

Postcard

Buff Creek Farm

Date: 1915-06-19 

Description: Photographic postcard of Buff Creek Farm. The farmhouse is on the left and the barn and outbuildings are on the right. A man and an automobile are near the...

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Sault Ste. Marie railroad depot in Weyerhaeuser.

Date: 1931 

Description: Exterior of the two-story Rusk County Normal School.

Photograph

Railroad Grade

Date: 1959-04 

Description: The Mississippi River Logging Company's railroad grade two miles south of Weyerhaeuser over Soft Maple Creek, built about 1875-76.

Photograph

Pea Viner

Date: 1924 

Description: A group of farmers, including women and children, pose in front of a pea processing plant.

Photograph

Ladysmith

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: View of Ladysmith.

Date: 1933 ca.

Description: An unidentified man canoes the rapids on the Flambeau River in the northern part of Rusk County, about 12 miles from Ladysmith.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Exterior of High School.

Date: 1959-05 

Description: The foundation stones from the hardwood lumber mill constructed by F. Weyerhaeuser in 1885 on the north shore of Bowker Lake.

Date: 1924 

Description: The new school building during construction, next to the old school building, which has a bell tower on the roof. A man works in the yard on the left near...

Date:  date unknown

Description: View of the Flambeau River from Soo Bridge. The railroad bridges crosses over the river and foliage lines the riverbanks.

Date:  date unknown

Description: The Public Library and Congregational Church in Ladysmith.

Date: 1914 ca.

Description: Photographic postcard of view from shoreline of a bridge over the Chippewa River. Text at bottom reads: "Bridge Crossing Chippewa River, Bruce, Wis."

Map or Atlas

Rusk County Map

Date: 1975 

Description: This map shows the locations of historic sites and points of interest in Rusk County, Wisconsin. A location key, descriptions of the historical importance...

Date: 1959-05 

Description: The foundation stones from the hardwood lumber mill constructed by F. Weyerhaeuser in 1885 on the north shore of Bowker Lake.

Date: 1959-04 

Description: The Mississippi River Logging Company's dam built in Soft Maple Creek in 1877.

Photograph

Bruce Main Street

Date: 1960 ca.

Description: View of Main Street with parked cars.

Photograph

Soft Maple Creek

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: A river scene, presumably Soft Maple Creek.

Photograph

Ladysmith

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: View of Ladysmith.

Date: 1927 

Description: An elderly man, woman, and dog pose near two younger women wearing aprons outside the Island Lake Post Office and Burpee's Resort.

1 2 3 4

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.