1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1912 ca.

Description: Elevated view of the De Soto depot. A locomotive, blowing steam, is approaching the platform, where a small group of people waits to board. A boxcar on the...

Photograph

Bluff Street

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: Bluff Street looking east.

Photograph

Villa Louis

Date:  date unknown

Description: View across field towards Villa Louis, with a white fence in the middle ground and a race track in the foreground.

Photograph

Looking South

Date:  date unknown

Description: View looking down bluff of a residential neighborhood. On the right is the Mississippi River. Railroad tracks run along the shoreline towards more bluffs.

Photograph

Bluff Street

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: Bluff Street looking east.

Date: 1931 

Description: The entrance to the bridge during construction. A worker works on the side of the bridge on the right. Other workers in the middle of the bridge lay boards...

Photograph

Railroad Bridge

Date:  date unknown

Description: A view of a railroad bridge, constructed of heavy steel that sits on massive stone supports. Wooded hills stand in the background.

Painting

Fort Crawford

Date: 1830 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford (the original site, 1816-1831).

Photograph

Abandoned Farm

Date: 1964-09-07 ca.

Description: View from slope of an abandoned farm with empty farmhouse and barn in a open area surround by trees and hills.

Photograph

Charley Minney

Date:  date unknown

Description: Charley Minney posing in front of Villa Louis.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford Military Cemetery, restored by the United States Government about 1905.

Photograph

View from Bluffs

Date: 1893 

Description: View from the bluffs in or near McGregor, Iowa.

Photograph

North First Street

Date: 1931 

Description: View along North First Street showing the Brisbois house (center).

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1930 

Description: Fort Crawford, a view of the ruins of the hospital building.

Photograph

Residential Street

Date:  date unknown

Description: View down unpaved residential road. The Methodist Episcopal Church is on the right.

Photograph

Bluff Street

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Bluff Street looking east. Pencil notation on this photo; reads "House marked X is my home and is said to be built from stone from Fort Crawford. -A.C."

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: One-half stereoview of town, looking northeast from Case's Block.

Date: 1823 

Description: British evacuation of their fort at Prairie du Chien after the end of the War of 1812. Fort Shelby, the first fort at Prairie du Chien, was built in 1814 b...

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Interior of Koska Hall on the third floor of Campion Jesuit High School. This was used as a study hall.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford Military Cemetery, restored by the United States Government about 1905.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.