1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Photograph

Brisbois House

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: A view of the Brisbois House from across the railroad tracks.

Date:  date unknown

Description: "Section of New Prairie du Chien Marquette $1,000,000 Suspension Bridge. Total length 3729 feet. Only suspension bridge on the Mississippi River. Open for...

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford Military Cemetery, as seen before it was restored by the United States Government.

Date:  

Description: Rev. Alfred Brunson's home, which was brought in pieces by flat boat from Meadville, Pennsylvania, via St. Louis in 1836. The construction and arrangement...

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Astor fur trading building, The Northwest Fur Company, in 1808. This building later used as a post office before the Civil War.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford Military Cemetery, after restoration by the United States Government. In the left background is the Prairie du Chien Sanitarium, built on the...

Postcard

Fort Crawford

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford ruins.

Postcard

Browers Park

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: A view of Browers Park, showing the fountain.

Drawing

Astor Building

Date: 1830 

Description: A view of the Astor building.

Date: 1820 

Description: Undated manuscript map. Prairie du Chien.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Schoolhouse at Lawerton(?), built 1859. There is a bell tower on the roof. Several of the windows are boarded up, and the door is either wide open or missi...

Postcard

Fort Crawford

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford (the second site, showing ruins of the building of 1892-?). These are the ruins of the hospital.

Photograph

Galtier Tomb

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Galtier tomb, burial place of Father Lucien Galtier who was chaplain of the parish from 1847 to 1866.

Date: 1901 ca.

Description: The offices of the American Fur Company.

Postcard

Campion College

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: A front view of Campion College.

Photograph

Brisbois House

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: A view of the Brisbois House, east elevation.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: The Benedict Octagon House, built about 1843.

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: One-half stereoview of town, looking northeast from Case's Block.

Photograph

Schoolyard Baseball

Date:  date unknown

Description: Boys play a baseball game while a large crowd of spectators watches from the sidelines. Three stone buildings stand in the background, one of which has a b...

Date: 1836 

Description: Drawing of Prairie du Chien in 1836. "From an old cut."

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.