1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1953 

Description: This is a detailed map of Douglas County, Wisconsin, showing townships and township boarders, numbered wards, roadways, and bodies of water. There are anno...

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Cedar Island on Brule River, a nationally known speckle trout stream. The island has native towering white pine and bubbling clear springs. These are some...

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Automobiles parked outside the Poplar Tourist Court.

Photograph

Pattison State Park

Date: 1936-01-31 

Description: The description on the back reads:

The custodian building in Pattison Park which will not conform with the Combination building 200 feet away if the latt...

Photograph

Davidson Feed Mill

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: View of the Davidson Feed Mill near the Amnicon River.

Date: 1961 

Description: Ida Banon Relles and son George at George's Bar Mitzvah, Superior Hebrew Congregation.

Photograph

Roy Trading Post

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: View of the Roy trading post, built in about 1857.

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Shows county system of roads which are surfaced, well graded, common, or unimproved, town roads, state trunk highways, town and village boundaries, schools...

Date:  date unknown

Description: A man stands in front of huge blocks of ice at the American Shipbuilding Company. The ship War Otter is in the background.

Date: 1928 

Description: President Calvin Coolidge fishing at Cedar Island Lodge, rustic lodge of Henry C. Pierce, 35 miles from Superior, Wisconsin, on the Brule River. This lodge...

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Douglas County Museum.

Date: 1913 ca.

Description: Colorized postcard of the Brule River flowing through the forest by moonlight. Some trees show autumn color. There is a campfire on the shore with three Na...

Photograph

Pattison State Park

Date: 1936-01-31 

Description: View across snow towards concession building with an automobile parked in front near the porch. There is a Hamm's Beer sign hanging off the roof. Annotatio...

Date: 1889 ca.

Description: Elevated view of group gathered and posed on a new street. Behind the group is a large pile of lumber, wooden sidewalks, and what appear to be newly-constr...

Photograph

The Russell Block

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: The Russell Block, 1606-1608 Tower Avenue. The 1899 City Directory makes the first mention of New York Furriers, Simmons and Malik, proprietors. New York F...

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Exterior view of a building on the State Normal School campus.

Date: 1917 ca.

Description: This map shows streets, land owners, local businesses, the St. Louis River, and bridges. The maps reads: "Incorporated 1917." The back of the map includes...

Photograph

The Freighter Magna

Date:  date unknown

Description: The freighter "Magna" in shipyard's icy waters with three tugboats in the foreground.

Date: 1919 ca.

Description: A man sits in an International model "G" truck that has wood furniture and crates filling the bed. The building behind has signs advertising for a laundry...

Date: 1859 ca.

Description: From Holzlhuber's journal: "Cordes bought his cultivated land from an Irishman and built for himself in 1859 a nice brick dwelling house. Because of the r...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.