1 2 3 4
.

Photograph

View of the Harbor

Date: 1889 

Description: Elevated view looking north toward the harbor with multiple buildings in the foreground.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Long Tail lighthouse. Built in 1847-1848 and abandoned in 1859 when a new frame lighthouse was built nearby.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: View of the first Brown County Courthouse.

Photograph

Doty Office

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: View of the J.D. Doty office. Doty served as agent for John Jacob Astor in promoting the village of Astor, later renamed Green Bay.

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Five piece panoramic view of the Green Bay waterfront area.

Date: 1836 

Description: This map of Navarino shows a development plat of the village situated opposite Fort Howard at mouth of the Fox River. The names of proprietors are listed a...

Photograph

Man Milking Cow

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: A man sits on a stool and milks a cow outdoors near a fence. Another cow investigates the camera lens in the foreground.

Date: 1876 

Description: View looking southeast over river from Elmore and Kelly's Elevator.

Date: 1842 

Description: A Menominee village as depicted by Francois, Comte de Castelnau, a French naturalist and diplomat who visited the Green Bay area about 1838. The detailed,...

Date: 1898 ca.

Description: Old Tower and Long Tail Point Lighthouse.

Drawing

Astor House

Date: 1835 ca.

Description: Rough sketch of the Astor house made from memory.

Date: 1874 

Description: This map shows streets, buildings, railroads, the Fox River, the East River, and part of Green Bay.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: John Meade's residence. The family is standing on the front porch for a group portrait, while an individual pushes a bicycle.

Date: 1821 

Description: Plan of the settlement of Green Bay.

Map or Atlas

Wisconsin

Date: 1835 ca.

Description: Ink on tracing paper map of Green Bay, Wisconsin and nearby areas, Lake Winnebago, Fox and Wolf Rivers, and the junctions of the Mississippi and Wisconsin...

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Long Tail lighthouse, built in 1859.

Photograph

Cadle Home

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Exterior of the Cadle Home, an Episcopal Home for aged people. The Cadle Home was named for Reverend Cadle who went to Green Bay in 1829 as the first local...

Photograph

Surgeons' Quarters

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Front view of the Fort Howard surgeons' quarters.

Date: 1889 ca.

Description: View of Fox River and South Washington Street, from the top of St. Willobrord's Church.

Date: 1889 

Description: Southwest view of the Fox River and the waterfront.

1 2 3 4

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.