1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1908 

Description: Drawing of the general design by the Architectural Commission of future development of section toward University Hall with University Avenue, Women Gymnasi...

Date: 1951 

Description: An interior view of a house at 524 North Henry Street, showing the living room from the library.

Date: 1950-03-16 

Description: A chart showing distribution of 1,148 substandard dwelling units found in the survey area, by basic type of fault, as part of the Madison Housing Authority...

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Aerial view of the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus including Camp Randall Stadium, the Wisconsin State Capitol, and both Lake Mendota and Lake Monon...

Date: 1937-08-28 

Description: Wadhams Oil Company float in the Elks Parade, with a child "driving" a Mobile Oil Flying Red Horse symbol. The float is on E. Doty Street with the post off...

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The David Atwood house, located at 204 Monona Avenue on the corner of Doty Street.

Date: 1967 

Description: Watercolor painting of the State Historical Society headquarters building by Paul Duesler. This painting is associated with the 1967 building addition plan...

Date: 1949-06 

Description: Joe Hess using spokeshave on a barrel at the Hess Cooperage.

Photograph

Monroe Street

Date: 1935-10-30 

Description: View up Monroe Street, looking northeast toward the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus, showing the intersection with Spooner. Also visible are cars, s...

Photograph

Tenney Park Bridge

Date: 1975-07-05 

Description: The Tenney Park Bridge over the Yahara River.

Date: 1935-07-22 

Description: A man in a labcoat shows off a car hitched to a service motorcycle in front of Waters Motor's Co., 802 E. Washington Avenue.

Photograph

B.F. Goodrich Store

Date: 1956-08-02 

Description: Exterior view of the B.F. Goodrich Store at 801 East Washington Avenue. The store has recently moved to this location.

Date: 1940-04-01 

Description: Droster's General Motors truck, used to deliver groceries, meats and hardware to their customers. The store was sold to Schubering, ca. 1950.

Date: 1918 ca.

Description: View across lawn towards the front entrance of the Wisconsin Historical Society building.

Date: 1926 ca.

Description: 112 Langdon Street, built in 1893 for attorney Burr Jones (1846-1935). It was purchased by the Alpha Delta Pi fraternity in 1921 and was used by them unti...

Photograph

Leitch-Hobson House

Date:  

Description: The Leitch-Hobson house, 752 East Gorham Street, in the English Gothic revival style. Mayor Leitch, the first owner, was the son of an Edinburgh, Scotland...

Photograph

Edgewater Hotel

Date: 1958 ca.

Description: The Edgewater Hotel, 666 Wisconsin Avenue. The original wing was in the moderne style by architect Lawrence Monberg and built for the Quisling family in 19...

Photograph

Luther Church

Date: 1918 

Description: Luther Church, 320 East Washington Avenue.

Date: 1970 ca.

Description: View of Sid Boyum's backyard, with an arch, pagoda, and sculptures among shrubs and trees. The Madison-Kipp factory is in the background.

Date: 1908 

Description: Drawing of the general design development by the Architectural Commission with Horse Barn, Linden Drive, Gymnasium, and Men's Dormitory on the University o...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.