1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1830 ca.

Description: This map is ink, color, and pencil on paper and shows streets, farm lots, and a church. Hand written notes appear at the bottom of the map and are very li...

Painting

Fort Crawford

Date: 1830 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford (the original site, 1816-1831).

Date: 1954 ca.

Description: View from Brisbois Point. Prairie du Chien lies below, and beyond the Mississippi river rise Iowa's hills.

Date: 1880 

Description: Artesian Well, located near the intersection of Wisconsin Street and South Minnesota Street (since renamed Wacouta). It was dubbed by some to be the "Grea...

Photograph

Bluff Street

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Bluff street looking west.

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Congregational church, organized in 1852.

Postcard

Campion College

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: A front view of Campion College.

Date: 1828 ca.

Description: This map is pen-and-ink and served as the model for the lithograph produced in 1828 by C.B. Graham. Landowners are labeled as is the Mississippi River.

Photograph

French Cemetery

Date: 1904 ca.

Description: Graves of Joseph Rolette and his daughter, Elizabeth. Rolette died in 1842. The cemetery itself may date as early as the middle of the 17th Century.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Campion College.

Photograph

View of Town

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Dr. Jesse Rowley driving the buggy. Dr. Rowley was a co-founder of the Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases in Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin.

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Former residence of the commanding officer. General Zachary Taylor was its first resident. It was subsequently rebuilt under the command of General Brooke....

Photograph

Highway Bridge

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: The Highway bridge over the Mississippi River, erected in 1931-1932. View looking west toward Iowa.

Photograph

Brisbois House

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: A view of the entrance to the Brisbois house.

Date: 1918 

Description: Exterior view of show windows of the Prairie du Chien City Library. The cardboard backing reads: "Prairie du Chien, 1918." Reverse of the cardboard mountin...

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford. Hospital after restoration.

Photograph

St. Mary's Academy

Date: 1907 ca.

Description: A view of St. Mary's Academy.

Photograph

Artesian Well

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Stereograph of an artesian well, located near the intersection of Wisconsin Street and South Minnesota Street (since renamed Wacouta). Construction was com...

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date:  date unknown

Description: Fort Crawford Hospital.

Date: 1953 

Description: The Diamond Jo warehouse.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.