1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
.

Map or Atlas

Lower Prairie du Chien

Date: 1856 

Description: This map is ink and watercolor on paper and includes certifications inscribed by Saml. T. [M?]ight, a civil engineer, Edward H. Brodhead, James H. Lockwood...

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: commercial building

Reference Number: 147521

Date: 1820 

Description: This map displays the plan for claiming various settlement zones in the Prairie des Chiens area in 1820. It shows Fort Crawford and 87 confirmed and unconf...

Drawing

Fort Crawford

Date: 1817 

Description: Forth Crawford (1816-1831).

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: ST. GABRIEL'S ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH

Reference Number: 3900

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: A view of the interior of St. Gabriel's Church.

Property Record

100 W Blackhawk Ave.

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: commercial building

Reference Number: 147506

Date: 1848 

Description: The first Fort Crawford at Prairie du Chien, with the Mississippi River in the foreground. Although dated 1830, this scene was actually painted by Henry Le...

Painting

Fort Crawford

Date: 1840 ca.

Description: A view of Fort Crawford (the second site and buildings of 1829-?).

Property Record

213 VILLA LOUIS RD

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: Emily Hooe House

Reference Number: 72072

Date: 1836 

Description: Drawing of Prairie du Chien in 1836. "From an old cut."

Date: 1898 

Description: Dousman family and house party guests dressed for a fancy ball. They are posed on the staircase and in the hall and are wearing fancy dress or costumes. On...

Photograph

Artesian Well

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Stereograph of an artesian well, located near the intersection of Wisconsin Street and South Minnesota Street (since renamed Wacouta). Construction was com...

Photograph

Dousman Warehouse

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Dousman Warehouse, East Water Street. Originally located on the wharf parallel with the river. Built 1839, and occupied by Dousman until about 1855.

Property Record

717 S BEAUMONT RD

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: Fort Crawford Military Hospital

Reference Number: 3897

Property Record

506 N BEAUMONT RD

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: ST. GABRIEL'S ARCHANGEL CATHOLIC CHURCH AND RECTORY

Reference Number: 3903

Property Record

316 N BEAUMONT RD

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: LaRiviere-Ravoux House

Reference Number: 94602

Community: Prairie du Chien

County: Crawford

Historic Name: Old Rock School

Reference Number: 3930

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford Military Cemetery, as seen before it was restored by the United States Government.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: The Astor Company or Brisbois fur trading post.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.