.

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: Awnings shade the windows of the three-story stone Richardsonian Romanesque style residence of Al. Ringling.

Photograph

Catholic Church

Date: 1924 

Description: Exterior of a church.

Date: 1937 ca.

Description: The rear of Helen Baldwin's Restaurant near Baraboo. Notes on the negative envelope indicate that the restaurant was operated by the photographer and his w...

Photograph

Loganville Mill

Date: 1924 

Description: The Loganville Mill, built in 1861. The owner was Joseph Mackey and the carpenter was Billy Palmer. Sacks of feed sit on a loading platform. There is a...

Photograph

Race Car

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: A race car driver and passenger sit in their racer, No. 16, in front of a grandstand. Both wear goggles; the passenger wears a leather helmet. The spectato...

Date:  

Description: Interior view of the Baraboo Carnegie Free Library Delivery Room. At lower is written: "Baraboo Library, Delivery Room, Claude & Starck Archts." There is a...

Date: 1914-08-04 

Description: An interior view of the power house at the Prairie du Sac dam, showing assembly of the generators, identified by the manufacturer, the Allis-Chalmers Compa...

Date: 1926 ca.

Description: View from across street of the ornate terra cotta facade of the Al. Ringling Theatre, with advertisements for Rex (The Wonder Horse) in the silent movie, "...

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Baraboo public library.

Date: 1930 

Description: Three chairs around a table with stacks of books in the lobby of the Silver Dale Resort at Devil's Lake. In the background three open doors lead into the d...

Date: 1911-09-18 

Description: Pile drivers at work on the coffer dam. Pilings are also floating within the confines of the dam. The shoreline can be seen in the background.

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: View from across street of a small truck loaded with two "Singer Electric Sewing Machines" parked in front of a store. The store, identified as "The Hat S...

Map or Atlas

Map of Sauk County

Date: 1859 

Description: Map featuring various views of buildings and scenes from Sauk County.

Date: 1911-10-18 

Description: Receding flood waters reveal destruction of the railroad extension to the power dam construction site.

Date: 1964-07-12 

Description: Elevated view of valley with strip-planted grain field.

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: Exterior from street of the Schwartz Farm Equipment building, 135 Third Avenue. Show windows in the one-story brick building feature an International truck...

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Trinity Episcopal Church, a stone church at 111 Sixth Street.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Toll bridge under construction.

Date: 1911-04-14 

Description: Newly poured concrete abutment on the east shore of the Wisconsin River. Iron reinforcing rods protrude from the concrete. Workmen and the steam-driven c...

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: The Bass farmhouse, originally owned by the photographer's father, Isaac Bass. Pictured are the photographer's mother, Lorinda Bass, brother Frank Bass hol...

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.