.

Photograph

The Russell Block

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: The Russell Block, 1606-1608 Tower Avenue. The 1899 City Directory makes the first mention of New York Furriers, Simmons and Malik, proprietors. New York F...

Date:  

Description: Exterior view of the St. Joseph Orphanage with lion statues at the entrance.

Photograph

Pattison State Park

Date: 1936-01-31 

Description: View across snow towards concession building with an automobile parked in front near the porch. There is a Hamm's Beer sign hanging off the roof. Annotatio...

Date: 1893-04 

Description: Launching Captain Abe McDougall's whaleback boat, "Christopher Columbus," from the American Steel Barge Company dock.

Date: 1960 ca.

Description: Aerial view with docks in the foreground.

Photograph

Timber Highway

Date: 1933 

Description: Highway with timbered railroad underpass.

Date: 1964 

Description: Rabbi Mayer Relles after performing a wedding at Superior Hebrew Congregation.

Date: 1893 

Description: Bird's-eye map of Superior. Looking from the point, with Superior Bay on left, St. Louis Bay on right, below St. Louis River.

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: Exterior view of Central High School.

Date: 1800 after

Description: This pen and ink drawing with watercolor shows the course of the Black River from Rock Creek, near Greenwood in Clark County, Wisconsin, to its confluence...

Photograph

McDougall Whaleback

Date: 1892 

Description: Whaleback steamer in the shipyards of the American Steel Barge Company.

Date: 1913 ca.

Description: Colorized postcard of the Brule River flowing through the forest. Some trees show autumn color. Text below reads "Brule River State Park, Wisconsin. Scene...

Manuscript

Superior as Hub

Date: 1890 

Description: Rand, McNally map of North America enhanced to show Superior as the center of a wheel. The image was used on the back of stationery from City Improvement C...

Date: 1961 

Description: View taken from below of the Interstate Highway I-535 bridge during construction.

Photograph

Trout Fishing

Date:  

Description: Eight men trout fishing on the Brule River.

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: A one-story building is situated amongst young evergreens and surrounded by stone walls containing river raceways for spawning fish. A group of people are...

Date: 1855 ca.

Description: Chronicle newspaper office, the first building on the townsite of Superior, built in 1853 by William C. Howenstine, John T. Morgan, and August Zachau.

Date:  

Description: Side altar in the chapel at St. Joseph Orphan Home. A large angel statue is on the right and a statue of the Virgin Mary is central.

Date: 1918 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Superior Public Library.

Photograph

Brule River Park

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: Elevated view of the Brule River in northern Wisconsin, flowing between a road and landscaped stone wall under a bridge and pedestrian walkway.

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.