That's The Ticket:
A Parade of Presidential Elections
|Presidential candidate:||GEORGE W. BUSH, President|
|VP candidate:||DICK CHENEY, Vice President|
|Popular votes:||62,040,287 (51.2%)|
|Presidential candidate:||John Kerry, Massachusetts Senator|
|VP candidate:||John Edwards, North Carolina Senator|
|Popular votes:||59,027,612 (48.8%)|
- The war on terrorism that followed the September 11, 2001, attacks on the United States took center stage in this election.
- Bush presented himself as a decisive leader and described Kerry as a "flip-flopper."
- Bush supporters valued national security and moral values.
- Kerry appealed to opponents of the war in Iraq and those concerned with jobs, health care, and other domestic issues.
- The electoral victory again was decided by one state - this time, Ohio.