in Wisconsin History
Blue Mound Road, Wisconsin's first divided highway
Blue Mound Road
Originally built as a military highway in the 1830s, Blue Mound Road extended from Milwaukee west to Blue Mounds, where the project ran out of money and was thus stopped. Blue Mound Road became a four-lane highway in the 1920s, one of the first of its kind, as state senators used it regularly to travel between Madison and Milwaukee.
Industrialization and Urbanization|
|Creator:||McCoy, Robert; Hauser, Stephen|
|Pub Data:||1946. National Museum of American History.|
|Citation:||McCoy, Robert; Hauser, Stephen. "Blue Mound Road." (1946).
Online facsimile at:
l; Visited on: 10/13/2015